Saturday, April 7, 2012

Animoto, Take Two

So after signing up for a new Animoto account, downloading a new browser (google chrome) because I kept getting an error code for 3 days straight, I was finally able to upload my Science-Plant Unit Animoto. This is def a great tool to help my students learn new vocabulary for upcoming units. I was sure to use real pictures that displayed each vocabulary word. I've seen the other Animotos that students created in this class and I know I will def be using them in my classroom because they came out so great. Vocabulary is what many students struggle with. Animoto is just one tool that will motivate and help students connect new words to something they have already seen/known before. Enjoy! I will be using this video as soon as I am back in school with my students for our current plant unit!


 
Teacher NETs: 1, 2 and 3 

8 comments:

  1. I love how the background matches the theme of this animoto. I want to point out to you that I think the pictures for soil and roots are inverted.

    Excellent use of this tool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Meghan. I also love how the background and the music go so well with the theme of the story. Can I use it? I am doing a plant unit in may. I would love to have it as a resource.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! I loved how you wrote the word and then the definition afterwards. I might do that with my Vocab animoto for the next story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Animoto Meg! The background theme is perfect for a plant unit. My students love viewing an Animoto to preview vocab at the beginning of a unit. Did you show your yet? How did it go?? I'm sure they loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great example of how well Animoto can be used to teach vocabulary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Animoto! Another great way to introduce or review unit specific vocabulary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your video inspired me to create my own for my first grade class! Thank you

    ReplyDelete